The development journey integrates the world’s fastest growing behavioral assessment instrument (PDA – Personal Development Analysis) with online teaching in 32 leadership principles.
The leadership principles are focused on three foundational areas of leadership, namely:
- What the leader models in himself/herself (leading self)
- The direction the leader is able to give (leading change)
- The level of engagement and commitment the leader is able to get from others (leading others)
For individuals: This will empower you with principled insight and basic skills in all areas of leading self, others, and change, for any existing or future leadership role.
For organizations: You will develop your leadership pipeline with the insights and core skills required for principle-based leadership in the areas of leading self, others and change.
Scroll down for free assessments!
PDA is a behavioral assessment that through a simple, precise and scientific methodology allows me to discover and analyze people’s behavioral profiles.
It also allows me to evaluate the behavioral and competency requirements of a job, thereby ensuring you select and develop the right people for the right positions.
Who uses the PDA?
• Organizations: to identify, develop and/or retain talent. This tool is utilized by many of the leading companies ranked on Great Places to Work.
• HR Consulting Companies: interested in incorporating a new product into their portfolio, add value to services, and generate consulting projects based on the psychometric behavioral assessment.
• Individuals: in order to understand their strengths and developmental areas to improve job/career prospects, current and future job performance and relationships with subordinates, colleagues, and superiors
Overview of the Approach, Content, and Process
Principle-based leadership™ simplifies and grounds the multifaceted concept of leadership in the range of principles that guide leaders’ thinking, behaviors, and approaches to the task of leading. It stems from the belief that leaders grow their effectiveness and influence by internalizing key principles. We call it inside-out leadership.
In our approach to leadership development we thoroughly take into consideration that leadership development is multidimensional and a long-term process. To grow as a leader encompasses what we think, what we believe, what we value, our attitudes and our behavior. We chose the metaphor of a journey for our programme. ‘Journey’ emphasizes destiny, momentum, continuity, a variety of experiences, internal and external challenges and changes, and the natural unfolding of learning and personal growth. The beliefs that guided us in the planning of the journey include the following –
A comprehensive and holistic learning process that effectively combine relevant contributions from science, philosophy, and spirituality. We believe that sustainable growth follows when we are involved in something constructive that touches us holistically; mind, heart, body, and soul.
Learning and growth is optimal when we are engaged in all three of the following types of conversation: The conversation with ourselves as we become more aware of the need for change and commit ourselves to it; the conversation with a coach/mentor who can skillfully guides us; and the conversation with colleagues or peers where perspectives and experiences of similar challenges are shared and new ways of communicating are practiced.
Personal growth and leadership development are inter-linked. It is a lifelong process. Self-awareness, authenticity and personal responsibility are fundamental and include both a person’s strengths and weaknesses.
Scroll down for free assessments!
What you will receive during the Development Journey:
- 74 pages of insightful teaching and illustration of 32 leadership principles and competencies in the areas of leading self, leading change and leading others
- 32 video presentations by Dr. Gerhard
- 352 questions for reflection and self-assessment
- 309 multiple choice, matching and other format questions with immediate results to test understanding
- 9 assignment questions for evaluation
- 71 links to carefully selected web-resources
- Coaching support and group facilitation
10 Core beliefs underpinning Principle-based leadership™
- The foundation of leadership development is personal development
- Leadership encompasses all human dimensions: the mind, body, spirit, and soul
- Sustainable leadership effectiveness is dependent on the degree to which the leader truly believes in, values and lives leadership principles
- Content-heavy training does not produce better leaders, personal journeys in conversation with self, a coach/mentor and peers do
- Positive inside-out change is always an option and possibility
- The discovery of the limiting effect of our deep-seated commitment to self-protection is key in changing our behavior for more effectiveness
- Both science and age-old wisdom confirms and emphasizes the willingness to remain open to new learning as pivotal in the pursuit of growth and excellence
- Competence without character and social intelligence is a high risk in leadership
- It is of key importance in leadership development that people feel responsible for their own progress
- 21st Century leadership is characterized by collective and collaborative processes, not elitist individuals
Watch a 30-minute presentation of Principle-based leadership™:
To learn about Principle-based leadership™ click here